Wednesday 27 April 2011

NaPo WriMo: Day 27


Boxes half full you carried half my things down the stairs
Whilst I stayed in the sweaty heat and tried to finish packing
Flattened cardboard around me with no celetape left
And with each lift of the box we spoke of times
That could be and forgot of the reasons why I was leaving

And loading up the van I stood in circles of
Items that didn’t look like mine anymore
Shirts sticking to our back and the taste of salt in my mouth
We ran out of words to say but only because there was too much

The engine purred on the large van as we pulled
Away without a thought of what we were leaving behind
Accept the keys that we needed to find a home for
And the new place that we didn’t quite have

The road was long and icy but luckily
No traffic blocked our roots
And as the radio hummed it’s low song
I thought of you and only you,
Nothing about the things left behind of the things I was driving to.

No comments:

Post a Comment