Thursday 14 April 2011

NaPo WriMo: Day 13


For today's poem I've taken inspiration from the NaPo WriMo prompt yet again to write a poem in 5 minutes. I timed myself to make sure I didn't go over and I haven't editing to keep in the true spirit of the five minute poem. The idea was to write about something fast also so I've written about someone I once knew who was super fast at life. It doesn't have a title yet as I couldn't fit that into the five minute challenge!



Your limbs are like extensions
Unconnected,
Barely glued to your body
You bang your head on anything
Luckily it’s glued on tighter
The speed you move
Can’t keep up with the speed of your brain
And when you think
I can’t keep up
A conversation with you is like a race
Where I
Pass certain words
But only catch them as a blur whizzing past me
And I wonder how you rest at night.

The times we travelled I felt exhausted
Too many thoughts to contain in one day
Exhilarating but tiresome
And you never seemed to notice
How even your own body
Was too slow to keep up
And I wonder if one day
You’ll find someone just as fast
Who won’t feel like they’re running a race
When they walk next to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment