Thursday 21 April 2011

NaPo WriMo: Day 21

Nice summery one today. Sorry. It had to be done. I just couldn't resist writing about the sunshine - it's wrapped around me everywhere I go at the moment!

Forgetting You

We sat for hours at the end of the park
Watching BBQ’s cook and avoiding the smoke
Making words in the middle of our picnic blanket
And pouring sparkling wine from fake posh bottles

We sat for hours in the burning heat
You no sunscreen to wear, arms turning purple
Opening large bottles of cider
And watching kids attack trees around us

We sat for hours in our scrabble game
Comparing the themes of words in each round
Noticing when we were feeling negative,
Or tired, or rude

We sat for hours and I forgot
About everything else I needed to do
Like going to an art class
Or tidying my house
Or meeting you

And we sat for hours in the sun
Talking about nothing and everything
Eating ice lollies as they melted down our arms
And forgetting about anything else.

Forgetting about you.


No comments:

Post a Comment