Thursday 14 April 2011

NaPo WriMo: Day 14

A sonnet for day 14. And I promise you, this is probably the worst poem I have ever written. Genuinely. I wanted to try something new, a poetry form I'd never mastered before. I hardly ever use rhyme and now I know why. This poem is called....

Because I can't Rhyme


We sat for hours in blankets of songs
Too scared to move closer; tips of arms touch
Conversation led to where we belong
You talked of comics of what you knew much

We sat for hours on top of your bed
Everyone assumed we did otherwise
I can’t remember specific words said
But we talked until it was past sunrise
Too scared to touch I knelt by your book shelves
And feigned interest in your collectables
Wrapped in knitted blankets we hid ourselves
Until at last our words became muddles

And now all I have is a memory
A remaint of what I want us to be



I've ruined a perfectly good idea I had for a poem boo hoo! But at least I got to try writing a sonnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment