Thursday 14 April 2011

NaPo WriMo: Day 12

Taking hints from the NaPo WriMo website I have decided to write this one about something I'm nostaligic about. It's about a photo I have which I've treasured for years of a holiday I took with my dad and mum years ago, I'm purched on my dads knee wearing my favourite dress. Suprisingly, this one's called Nostalgia.


Nostalgia

Amidst concrete archways and man built parks
We wrap our arms together
Me on your legs
You too large to let me balance
And we rest a while whilst we wait for mum to catch up
Her flagging behind with brother
We found our secret spot to wait
I look proud in my favourite dress
Blue with pineapples
Not even my favourite colour but I love it any way
And whilst we wait
We talk of nothing
Or have 6 year old banter
I beg to go on the carousel
And you, role you eyes but please to be with us
If only for once.  

No comments:

Post a Comment