Thursday 17 February 2011

Manchester Rain @ 330 Words

Thanks to 330 words one of my stories is here today:

http://330words.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/manchester-rain-written-by-nici-west/

The piece is called Manchester Rain and it was written on a typical dreary day inside my flat watching out the window at the rain in Manchester, hense the title. The picture is taken from my balcony on that same dreary day.

330 Words is a project where the creators challange writers to take a photo and write a piece no more then 330 words to it. It can be an extract or a half finished piece; whichever you find easiest. Mine is a finished piece but it did take a couple of edits to get it to just below 330 words and I nearly didn't submit as I felt that cutting 50 words out might confuse the meaning of the piece. However, once I tried it I found the meaning of the piece came accross just as clearly and I prefered the tight and consise language. Just goes to show that killing your darlings can actually work.

No comments:

Post a Comment